- be a female, full-time, Indiana University-Bloomington student between the ages of 17-24
- be an United States Citizen
- be enrolled at IUB for at least one semester prior to competition if you are an out-of-state or transfer student
- submit all required paperwork and complete Children’s Miracle Network fundraising by deadline
- meet character criteria as set forth by the Miss America Organization
- be able to meet the time commitment and job responsibilities the title of Miss Indiana University requires
- choose and develop your platform: a social issue for which you advocate and volunteer your time
- raise $100 for Miss America’s national platform, Children’s Miracle Network. To get started raising your $100 go to missamericaforkids.org and click the “New Contestants” link.
Qualities of a Titleholder
Read the criteria judges are instructed to use when judging a pageant.
- resumé in Miss America resumé format
- platform statement in Miss America format (Note: platform statement should be between 100-200 words)
- notarized Miss Indiana University contestant contract (download, complete, print out before taking to a notary)
- copy of medical insurance card in case of emergency
- head and shoulder photo for program booklet (color 5×7 preferred, print or 300 dpi digital file in JPG or TIFF format)
- copy of birth certificate and/or driver’s license
- proof of eligibility: copy of registration for current semester showing full-time IUB student status (12 credits for undergraduate/ 8 credit for graduate students; print from OneIU)
- out-of-state students must submit a copy of their IUB transcript showing full-time enrollment for semester prior to competition (please black out grades and GPA)
- talent request form (no two contestants may perform the same talent music)
- talent accompaniment recording on CD or in Mp3 form
- “timesheet” that lists community service activities (short descriptions of your involvement) and hours from past year (March 1 2016-February 17, 2017 )
Here’s a handy list of the requirements for your personal use.